Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Passini asked. One side must stop fighting.

 didnt youYes
 didnt youYes. Let them keep their sisters in the house. I identified them by their red and white striped collar mark. There was a cough. A. he said.Very. he said. He woke when he heard me in the room and sat up. The priest accepted it as a joke. The saint hung down on the Outside of my uniform and I undid the throat of my tunic.5 mm.

 no. I like the simpler pleasures. then stopped and kissed her. I said.We looked at Rinaldi talking with the other nurse.Theyll shell the   out of us. The British had come with three ambulances and they had two men on each ambulance. English goddess. All fire and smoke and nothing inside. He bellows. Goodnight. I held her close against me and could feel her heart beating and her lips opened and her head went back against my hand and then she was crying on my shoulder.

 I was after him. said the priest.I took off my tunic and shirt and washed in the cold water in the basin. and God be with you. there was snow on the guns and there were paths in the snow going back to the latrines behind trenches. They come back for me.Must attack.Youre sloppy. His mother sent it to me. and tenentecolonello (the little finger). Thank you. Maybe he was too goodlooking to be a.

 But its a rotten game. I looked in the door of the big room and saw the major sitting at his desk. I watched her face. As I looked out at the garden I heard a motor truck starting on the road. I was experiencing the masculine difficulty of making love very long standing up. You are a dear. She was crying. I am an atheist.Youre dirty. Isnt itWhat is the stick I asked. Rinaldi put away the bottle and we went down the stairs. it couldnt all go on.

 I didnt mean to hurt you.He walked across to the dressing station. Well crack in France. Here they would never have arrested him. Im leaving now for a show up above Plava. It was quite evident he had stolen the bonds.No. My father is a famous hunter. Somebody was singing.Ill take care of him for you. I said. I wiped my hand on my shirt and another floating light came very slowly down and I looked at my leg and was very afraid.

 maybe yes. Rinaldi shook his head. fat and prosperous and Vittorio Emmanuele.Were you thereNo. It is just bad administration. Any frescoes were good when they started to peel and flake off. I kept my arm where it was.Theyll shell the   out of us. I got out and told the driver to go on and that if we had not caught up to them at the junction of the road to Cormons to wait there. I saw that word pricked him and kept on. They had always cracked in other wars. brought by Gordini who looked very white and sick.

 Outside the sergeant adjutant knelt down beside me where I lay. green and dark to the snow line and then white and lovely in the sun. I wont kiss you if you dont want. Its much cooler. The doctors were working with their sleeves up to their shoulders and were red as butchers.Be good while Im gone. When this road was finished the offensive would start.How is he the Englishman called back.After a while I walked with her to the door of the villa and she went in and I walked home. A mass loosened. I held her close against me and could feel her heart beating and her lips opened and her head went back against my hand and then she was crying on my shoulder. with the sun on it.

A whatAn ignorant wop. Passini was dead. seeing it all ahead like the moves in a chess game. and pounded on the window to attract his attention. I had gone to no such place but to the smoke of cafe and nights when the room whirled and you needed to look at the wall to make it stop. We stood outside the door on the patch and he said. Ill be wise like you. It is disgraceful. aint this a goddam warListen.She looked down at the grass. I came back the next afternoon from our first mountain post and stopped the car at the smistimento where the wounded and sick were sorted by their papers and the papers marked for the different hospitals. Next week the war starts again.

 You are purer and sweeter. I wanted to go to the Black Forest. it was dark and the Austrian search lights were moving on the mountains behind us. We dont go out. he said. gray leather boxes heavy with the packs of clips of thin. It was a hot day and there were many flies in the room.Oh. Always with the girls. Im all right. The town was very nice and our house was very fine. Goodby.

 she said. Beautiful young girlsaccompanied by their mothers. youre very good. One of the medical captains said the attack had been put forward an hour. Tell me just exactly how it happened.He poured two glasses and we touched them. I said.I have brought him in. The drivers were pleased with it and I left them there. Stop it. Rinaldi was sitting on the bed with a copy of Hugos English grammar. walking carefully in the slush.

 like bridge. We drank rum and it was very friendly.As the ambulance climbed along the road. the major said. Catherine. I said. My hand went in and my knee was down on my shin.How are you. Tell me exactly what happened.Four hundred twenty or minnenwerfer. Gordini winced and smiled. I said.

Ive come back to Catherine in the night.Youre a nice boy. was my age. The window was open. Goodnight. as when a blast furnace door is swung open. That made the bed damp and cool. We are mechanics.Passinis dead.Ciaou! he said.We sat on the flat stone bench and I held Catherine Barkleys hand. father.

 Alpini would. hauling them back from the mountains to the clearing station and then distributing them to the hospitals named on their papers. come. stirred by the breeze. D. Thats all I know. I said. It evidently made no difference whether I was there to look after things or not. At first it dropped slowly and regularly. Rinaldi came in while I was undressing.Why didnt we see the post when we came down Passini asked. One side must stop fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment